Are you looking to lease a condo in Cityplace? Quality apartments do not last long, You need to be prepared with the following items to improve your chances being accepted as a tenant.
- Letter of Employment – You need to get a letter of employment from your employer. The letter should state how long you have worked there and your current salary.
- Credit Report. – You will need to have a recent credit report. You can get it instantly on-line via www.equifax.ca or via www.transunion.ca. You want the full report with credit score.
- Rental Application – You will need to fill in the rental application form. The rental application is a standard OREA (Ontario Real Estate Association) form. I can email you a .pdf file that allows you to type on it or I’ll give you a copy when we meet for the first time for a showing.
After you are accepted as a tenant, you will need to do the following:
- Provide a certified cheque or bank draft for the first and last month deposit, this has to be done the next business day.
- Provide a key deposit (not a set amount, each lease will have its own amount)
- Get a standard tenant insurance package.
- For your convenience you should also be prepared with 10 postdated cheques for the first year of the lease.
Steven Campbell, Sales Representative
Forest Hill Real Estate Inc., Brokerage